Based on genome-wide, sequence-level comparative analysis of conserved sequence blocks, A. thaliana has
undergone two recent genome duplication events (named α and β) within the crucifer lineage and one genome
triplication event (named γ) shared with most dicots (asterids and rosids). A.thaliana and
Brassica lineage were estimated to have diverged from a common ancestor approximately
years ago. And about 14 million years ago, Brassica ancestor underwent genome self-triplication
event. And then, B. rapa and B. oleracea has diverged from Brassica
ancestor about 4 million years ago. So, every block detected in
A.thaliana was triplicated blocks in Brassica lineage.
Compared to 24 conserved blocks (A~X) on
A.thaliana genome, triplicated blocks in B.rapa and B.oleracea were classified and according to their relative gene
densities of homologous regions, syntenic sub-blocks with the highest gene densities were grouped as sub-genome LF, or sub-genome
III. The sub-blocks with moderate gene densities were grouped as sub-genome MF1, or sub-genome I. And the sub-blocks with the least
genes were grouped as sub-genome MF2, sub-genome II.
BSyndb (The Brassica Syntenic regions database)
was constructed to provide users a useful and unique triplicated
genes database in the field of studying Brassica
lineage. In this database, it supplied genomic data, transcriptome data,
comparative genome information based on triplicated blocks, this
data includes psuedochromosome sequence, scaffold sequence, genome
structure, and gene location, gene structure, protein feature, gene
functional annotation, and so on. All of the data can be downloaded on line very conveniently.
This database also provided browse, search, download, manual,
sitemap, and instruction of web server. All
of data information will update constantly. It is a usefulb database
for scientific research in the genetics and molecular breeding fields.
- (2012-03-26) The informations of Brassica comparative genomics were intergrated into Bolbase.
- (2011-06-25) Brassica oleracea genome database was on line.
- (2011-04-13) Brassica oleracea genome gene function annotation was complete.
- (2010-11-25) Brassica oleracea genome gene prediction was complete.
- (2010-10-25) Brassica oleracea genomic map was complete.
- (2010-08-01) Brassica oleracea detail genome assembly completely.
- (2010-06-29) Brassica oleracea draft genome assembly completely.
- (2009-02-17) Brassica oleracea genome project was launched.